[CP2K:1021] Re: Harmonic Force Constants

Jack Shultz jackyg... at gmail.com
Fri May 9 18:31:24 UTC 2008

I'm trying to get the experimental data they reference in "Development
and Testing of a General Amber Force Field". Just want to see for
myself how this is done and what is required to extend their force
field to new atom types.

GAFF uses three sources of information about equilibrium bond
lengths req: the Amber protein force fields, ab initio calculations
(MP2/6-31G*), and crystal structures. Most of the experimental
data comes from mean values of req obtained from X-ray and
neutron diffraction.25,26

25. Harmony, M. D.; Laurie, V. W.; Kuczkowski, R. L.; Schwendeman,
R. H.; Ramsay, D. A.; Lovas, F. J.; Lafferty, W. J.; Maki, A. G. J Phys
Chem Ref Data 1979, 8, 619.
26. Allen, F. H.; Kennard, O.; Watson, D. G.; Brammer, L.; Orpen, A. G.;
Taylor, R. J Chem Soc Perkin Trans II 1987, S1.

Jack