input coordinates & charges

Csilla Varnai cv... at cam.ac.uk
Wed May 7 15:55:29 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I am trying to read a small peptide to run an MD calculation. I cannot
define the atomic charges in the FORCEFIELD section, because there is
no one-to-one mapping between the atomic types and the atomic charges
in case of peptides. Hence, I need to read in the charges. I have
found only 1 way to do it so far, namely reading it from a PDB file.
My problem is that in this case I loose the accuracy of the
coordinates, since this format is fairly restricted and I cannot read
the coordinates only at a +/-0.001 level.
Could anyone please help me, if there is a better way I've missed to
get both the charges and the coordinates at a given accuracy?
Thanks very much,

Csilla