Fwd: [CP2K:897] Re: units update?

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:46:08 UTC 2008

Matthias,

> Again, a mechanism appropriate for released versions that's what I was
> referring to.

does this mean that for every non-back compatible implementation we
will have an additional
command line flag or keyword? uhmmm...

> That's not the point. In CP2K some care was taken from the very
> beginning that mathematical and physical constants are really
> "constant" and unique within the code and in my opinion that should
> also be the case for different code versions. I would just like to
> recall this.

This care won't be wasted updating to the a new CODATA set.
(I'm not an expert but I assume that the CODATA sets are internally
consistent)
Sorry but yours is not the point.

> Do you really want to discuss the issue of 20 more code lines for a
> code consisting of 500k lines?
well.. if you think so.. just open one of the many files consisting
of duplications
(can send you the whole list if you like..) divide it in blocks of 20
lines and start
cleaning them.. thanks!

> Alternatively, we could just accept one set of constants and ignore
> any minor update of these constants in the future. I have no problem
> with this policy.
nono.. better.. we can introduce each time a new command line flag...

Teo