Bugs and tests

carlo antonio pignedoli c.pig... at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 21:59:54 UTC 2008

Dear all

a few days ago I compiled cp2k and runned an input for AlN bulk
everything was ok (input.orig)

I recompiled the code today and numbers were wrong (see out1)

Teo suggested me to try to insert the card (see input.inp)

   &RS_GRID
       DISTRIBUTION_TYPE REPLICATED
   &END

to wolkaround some recent modifications made in the code.

I tried it and it worked so that the output
(out_cured) was as ok as the original one.

I strongly suggest that you reinforce the test that have to be
passed before modifications are submitted to the CVS.

it is not a problem if cards evolve (and usually it is a good thing)
but it is dangerous that an input that was producing a correct result
tunrs out in wrong results.

Please find enclosed the file aln.tar

Ciao

Carlo