[CP2K:/] Re: g95 errors

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 09:25:30 UTC 2008

Hi,

On 21 Mar 2008, at 10:08, radsci2008 wrote:

> intended for only the 32-bit version, a comment to that effect might
> be added to the respective arch files to indicate that.

maybe Juerg was not clear enough yesterday. We're talking about the
integer representation not
the reals. CP2K works perfectly for 64-bit REALS (DOUBLE PRECISION in
the case of a 32-bit representation for REAL and INTEGER).

Moreover, I could be wrong, but I don't see any reason why a 64-bit
default INTEGER g95 should give better results than 32-bit default
INTEGER.
well yes.. It consumes MUCH more memory.. if you like that..

Be safe and use the standard fortran version of g95: http://
ftp.g95.org/g95-x86_64-64-linux.tgz
When there will be around a compiler with standard 64-bit
representation (in which double precision will be 128-bit long) then
we can discuss again about that.. for the time being if you wanna use
64-bit for integers and 64-bit for double precision.. well.. it's
your problem..

Teo