applicability of TEMP_TOL to thermostat regions...

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 19:28:50 UTC 2008

hi teo,

thanks for the info.

> When we (me and Giovanni) were implementing his (Giovanni) thermostat
> in CP2K my
> idea was to get rid of the TEMP_TOL keyword (since TEMP_TOL (i.e. the
> rescaling of the velocity)) is much more
> clean and powerful than a simple TEMP_TOL. There was a kind of
> rebellion for reasons that I won't comment here.

it is hard to let go of something that has been
around for a very long time. after having slept over
the choices, i'd rather go with a change in the documentation,
i.e. keep TEMP_TOL 'as is' and add two remarks stating that this
is global only and that regional recaling should use CSVR with
short tau instead.

cheers,
   axel.