[CP2K:808] how to get the "total" electron density

Marcella Iannuzzi marcella.ia... at psi.ch
Thu Mar 13 08:14:20 UTC 2008

hi,

in principle it is possible to generate the cubefile of the total GAPW
density.
Since, along the scf, the local densities are computed only on the
spherical atomic grids ,
the easiest way  would probably be to call one more time the
collocation routine, and compute again the density on the real space
grid, using this time all the MOS contributions, and not only the soft
ones. This is already done for the cubes of the wavefunctions.
However, I have the impression that on the type of grids normally used
for cubefiles, i.e. only for visualization purposes, one would not
resolve much of the hard contributions. It will probably appear as a
point charge.
But it can be done

ciao
Marcella