[CP2K:781] Re: Parameter choice for GAPW

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 06:03:43 UTC 2008

Axel,

just a warning:
There's a "serious" bug in GAPW, that Manuel discovered 1 year ago
and I identified clearly a couple of months ago, when your system is
interacting with the periodic replica (i.e. more than 0 order cell
interactions). This of course depends on the cell size (usually must
be quite small to pop up this error) and the system type/size.

Keep it in mind in case you should observe strange behaviors
(compared with larger simulation boxes) for small cells (though this
is not the usual kind of run I would say).

Moreover, for all people willing to use GAPW: don't expect it to be
as easy as running GPW. If, for GPW, you need to keep a constant eye
on your numbers, for GAPW you may want to keep the alert status
continuously ON.
The main problem is that the method is far from being numerically
stable and you may easily find systems where an ACCURATE tuning of he
whole set of the parameters mentioned by Marcella is mandatory in
order to get realistic numbers.

Just keep it in mind..
Ciao,
Teo