file overwrite instead of append.

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:47:10 UTC 2008

On Mar 10, 1:28 pm, Teodoro Laino <teodor... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ciao Axel,
>
> I don't think it's a compiler bug but it's not even a recent change.
> The files (if present) will be overwritten if the run is not a restart.
> If the run is a restart they will be appended.

ok, that makes sense. how do you determine
the restart condition? i am restarting but
only some limited components:

> Can you tell us more about your input file?

@IF 1
&EXT_RESTART
  RESTART_DEFAULT F
  RESTART_FILE_NAME water-k-gapw.restart
  RESTART_POS T
  RESTART_VEL T
  RESTART_THERMOSTAT T
&END
@ENDIF

> p.s.: of course someone, somewhere, with CVS access, may have changed
> this behavior.. but this is how it should be..

let me venture a guess, does it depend on setting
RESTART_COUNTERS to T? would make sense to me.

axel.