Parameters

sgiani samuel... at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:19:45 UTC 2008

Hi Jack!

you didn't mentioned the system you would like to investigate, but
since you have planned to use xleap, I assume you are dealing with
biopolymers and/or organic molecules. For the first case you should
have all the force fields already available, while for the second case
usually the general atoms force field "gaff" is available in the amber
package. The case is usually more complicated if you have to consider
transition metals.

For missing parameters, amber has built-in tools to empirically
parametrize, it is also smart enough to try and find out similarities
between the type of atoms you have and the ones presents in the force
fields. Have a look at http://amber.scripps.edu/tutorials/basic/tutorial4/index.htm

You can try

$AMBERHOME/exe/parmchk -i foo.prepin -f prepi -o foo.frcmod

If this doesn't solve the problem you should consider a survey in the
literature harvesting parameters or a complete individualized
parametrization for your molecule of interest.

Ciao, Samuele