Why my cp2k.popt is running much slower than cp2k.sopt?

hawk2012 hawk2... at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 15:36:29 UTC 2008

Thank you for your help.
The machine I used to test cp2k is a SMP machine with 8 cores running
on CentOS5.0. So, there is no network bottleneck problem and no TCP/IP
connection latency. On the same machine I tested another parallel MD
program(a simple MD program for LJ potential) and found that the
parallel efficiency is almost linear (it toook 158 seconds to finish
the test job with 4 CPUs while it only took 85 seconds to finish the
same job).