openmpi loses output across multiple nodes

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 23:29:05 UTC 2008

On Jul 22, 5:41 pm, Eric Shamay <eric.... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Axel,
>
> Which program (mpi or cp2k) are you asking about verbosity? On both I

cp2k.

> leave the defaults set and both behave as expected when running on a
> single node. I tried the extra '-v' switch, and also using the '-i
> <input file> -o <output>'  also without any luck.

check out the section on output generation in:

http://groups.google.com/group/cp2k/web/cp2k-user-self--support-part-2

if that still does not produce some output for a properly
running job (check out how much of the 100% are actually
cpu time and how much are system or wait), you may have
a miscompiled binary or BLACS.

cheers,
   axel.