single precision compile broken

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:24:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 22, 12:15 pm, Teodoro Laino <teodor... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Axel,

hi teo,

> anyway the intel compiler we have on our machines (10.0.025) is able
> to compile the today CVS snapshot.

it only happens with single precision.
with the intel 10.0 compiler it crashes while compiling src/
glob_matching.F
turning off optimization works around it. my default optimization for
that
compile is very high. i'm doing this deliberately to be able to spot
problems.
this is the first time, it broke the compiler, though. it doesn't help
much with
the little trust that i have left in vectorization and automatic SIMD
optimizations
which are supposed to be _so_ much better with recent compilers.

> No internal compiler errors..
> As I said it's a 10.0.025 on an x86-64.

same here.

cheers,