[CP2K:536] Re: Problem when adding LOCALIZE section

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:00:17 UTC 2008

Hi Marcel, Hi all,

After the short discussion (see also marcella message on a related
topic), I decided to clean the localization in QS.
The old module of the localization (that was used only for printing
i.e. DFT%PRINT%LOCALIZATION) does not
exist anymore. I did a full merging in such a way that features that
were present only in 1 of the two modules are
now present in this unique module.
What does it mean all this if you want to print wannier centers?

Of course this has required some changes in the input for the DFT%
PRINT%LOCALIZATION section.
First of all the section: QS%LOCALIZE does NOT exist any more (So you
can't get in trouble using it! ;-) ).

If you want to print the wannier centers this is what you've to provide:

&DFT

[..]
    &PRINT
         [..]
         &LOCALIZATION
              &LOCALIZE
                  [..]
                  &PRINT
                       &WANNIER_CENTERS

                              [here you will find the keywords like
ions+centers and so on..]
                       &END
                       [here you find also the print_keys controlling
the print of the spread and the cubes of the wanniers]
                  &END
              &END
          &END
       &END
&END

As usual these kind of changes can possibly create few problems at
the beginning. So, I highly suggest you to update cp2k and
use this new syntax. In case you find any problem, please post the
related input here on the google group.
Thanks for all the help you may provide in taking possible bugs out
of cp2k. ;-)

Cheers
Teo