[CP2K:662] MD simulation doesn't run very long

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 19:11:31 UTC 2008

Ciao Andrew,

> lammps but cp2k ran into some connectivity issues (cp2k doesn't seem
> to find water molecules automatically across cell boundaries).  I
this is not the case.. cp2k uses PBC also to identify the connectivity..
The point could be that water is a little bit tricky.. if the
geometry is a little bit distorted with hydrogen bonds is
anyway difficult to identify a proper water molecule as an
independent unity..
That's why is always better in my opinion to use an external topology
file as you did after..

> fixed this, by making certain the water molecules were all in the
> image reference and defining the connectivity manually.  This didn't
> fix that specific problem though: the symptom is that the simulation
> runs for ~20-30 time steps and then the temperature increases
> dramatically and we get some atoms crash:

I was running your input file for several time steps (see the
attached output file) and I don't get
any error..
I suppose gfortran is miscompiling cp2k (and I would not be
surprised.. as far as I know only very recent version of gfortran
can compile cp2k)..

I would suggest you to use g95 (if you want to go for a free
compiler) or intel.

I'm sorry but as you may have already read on this group cp2k is
quite demanding in terms of fortran compilers..
Hope this helps!
Teo