[CP2K:1637] Energy dependence on the position of the system in the box

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 12:46:40 UTC 2008

There could be two reasons:
1) do you get the same behavior for QM only (same setup, cell,
cutoff, XC, MT)?
If yes then:
That's an intrinsic behavior of plane waves codes. QS uses PW for the
electrostatics and XC.
Electrostatics converge quite quickly w.r.t. cutoff.
XC instead not. Try using a larger cutoff. In the limit of an
infinite cutoff this effect will disappear.

2) If this effect is not present for pure QM calculations then the
reason is that your grid levels
are not good enough to map properly the electrostatic potential with
the GEEP scheme.
In this case you'll have to play properly with number of grid levels
and cutoffs.
It may take a while to find out the proper setup.

Teo