[CP2K:1618] to generate basis sets

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 17:23:53 UTC 2008

Fujun,
Regarding the basis set, please browse the threads or use the search
feature of the google group. There have been
already quite few discussion for that and you will find an answer to
your question.

About the vibrational frequency calculation I don't see where is the
problem. For H2-vib.inp (in regtests), which is a linear
molecule, the output looks like:

  VIB| Cartesian Low frequencies --- -13.813     -13.205
12.261      13.622
  VIB| Cartesian Low frequencies ---  14.271      308.60
  VIB| Frequencies after removal of the rotations and translations
  VIB| Internal  Low frequencies ---  308.59

  VIB|                        NORMAL MODES - CARTESIAN DISPLACEMENTS
  VIB|
  VIB|                         1
  VIB|Frequency (cm^-1)  3855.481389
  VIB|Intensities           0.000000
  VIB|Red.Masses (a.u.)     1.007970
  VIB|Frc consts (a.u.)     0.570209
   ATOM  EL             X     Y     Z        X     Y     Z
X     Y     Z
      1  H             0.00  0.71  0.00
      2  H            -0.00 -0.71 -0.00

So to me looks like it is written in english:
VIB| Frequencies after removal of the rotations and translations
VIB| Internal  Low frequencies ---  308.59

Maybe reading carefully the output would solve already part of your
problems.
Anyway, if you think that what you read in the output is not clear
enough, PLEASE,
post the statement which is not clear, we can comment further on that.
Teo