[CP2K:1605] Re: the Calculation about periodic system

Laino Teodoro teodor... at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 06:26:21 UTC 2008

Dear Fujun,

>        Thank you very much for your reply!
you're welcome!

>        I do not very understand that, if the numbers of the forth
> column to the sixth cloumn can be ignored, why all the examples in
First of all: regtests are there to test basic feature of the code!
They do not
necessarily reflect the structure of any kind of input you may use
for production.
They have only two scopes: (1) tests some functionalities; (2) be
fast while testing.

I was not creating personally those regtests but the structure of the
COORD section
is clear:
http://cp2k.berlios.de/manual/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/SUBSYS/COORD.html

ATOM_KIND   X   Y   Z    MOLNAME        ALL THE SHIT YOU WANT (WHICH
IS NOT EVEN READ)

so the first 4 columns are mandatory.
MOLNAME is optional (if you don't put it, it is automatically
generated).
ALL THE SHIT YOU WANT (is also optional)

> do not mean to be bulky on this problem, I just feel that there may be
> some reIations between the numbers in &CELL section, and the numbers
you feel?

>      I guess the second three cloumns in &COORD section should have
> some effect on the calculation result.
you guess ?

did you try to remove those numbers to see if the "calculation is
affected" ?
if not,  please, try and convince yourself!
CP2K has no documentation and you will find many problems like this one.
If you don't have a bit of curiosity and braveness, if you don't test
things
personally or from time to time you don't even want to look into the
source
code.. I guess you will have a quite hard life. Maybe you should think
about going for a code much more well documented.

Best,
Teo