[CP2K:1307] Re: multiple force_eva run with different colvar restraints

Jun Cheng chen... at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:37:42 UTC 2008

It is brilliant! well done.

I just realized another question about my calculations.
In the calculations of free energy change one atom is gradually mutating to
null (i.e. ghost), so in the force_eva section of the final state, GHOST is
turned on in the KIND section of that atom. If I understand the input
reference correctly
(%FORCE_EVAL<http://cp2k.berlios.de/input/InputReference%7E__ROOT__%7EFORCE_EVAL.html>
%SUBSYS<http://cp2k.berlios.de/input/InputReference%7E__ROOT__%7EFORCE_EVAL%7ESUBSYS.html>
%KIND<http://cp2k.berlios.de/input/InputReference%7E__ROOT__%7EFORCE_EVAL%7ESUBSYS%7EKIND.html>%GHOST),
*BASIS_SET NONE *should be set as well. Is that correct? I already did some
runnings without *BASIS_SET NONE *because of carelessness. After I noticed,
I did some testings and found that the potential energies with and
without *BASIS_SET
NONE *are slightly different. My question is whether the presence of *BASIS_SET
NONE* matters very much.
By the way, I also found that POTENTIAL is compulsory when GHOST T is turned
on, otherwise the job cannot get running. Since the atom is a ghost,
POTENTIAL is meaningless. Why POTENTIAL is needed? Or I misunderstand
something?
Many thanks.

Cheers, Jun