the input file

Matthias matthia... at psi.ch
Tue Apr 22 13:54:53 UTC 2008

Dear Yunfeng,

the all-electron calculation reported in the paper you are referring
to were performed with the first (stand-alone) implementation of
Quickstep just before Quickstep became a part of the CP2K project. The
Quickstep module within CP2K represents a from scratch re-
implementation of the GPW and GAPW method with the same program name.
Many things were changed/improved in turn of the new implementation
due to the experiences made with the first Quickstep version.
Therefore it is quasi impossible to reproduce exactly the numbers of
that paper with CP2K/Quickstep (beside the fact that the inputs are
not compatible). Moreover, the MD simulations presented in the paper
are rather a proof-of-concept than a benchmark simulation of all-
electron water. The runs for the same (or even larger) systems can be
performed now with CP2K/Quickstep much faster and even more
accurately.

Matthias