[CP2K:279] Re: QMM: CELL and PERIODIC group

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 21:20:44 UTC 2007

Sorry Luca I guess I didn't fully understand what you meant..

Anyway, let me just point few things:
NPT does not work with QMMM.. the QMMM stress tensor is not
implemented.. anyway this is not a serious limitation..
Better equilibrate the system at MM level and than do an NVT or NVE..

If you want to go for an NVE (or NVT) QM and MM do not necessarily
need to have the same setup for PBC..
You can have everything fully periodic (http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/
ct6001169) or just QMMM minimum image interaction..

Within a QMMM calculation: the box in the QM section does not affect
the PBC (if a decoupling is used) but only the use
of the plane wave for the Hartree and XC terms (Have a look at the QS
algorithm)..
The CELL section in the MM affects electrostatic and PBC of the
global system. The QMMM interaction is controlled through
the QMMM section..

Hope this helps,
Teo