Tutorial on cp2k

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:26:10 UTC 2007

On Sep 5, 3:57 pm, Fawzi Mohamed <fa... at gmx.ch> wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Axel wrote:
>
> > on the same matter a question i was asked quite
> > a few times recently.
>
> > are there any plans to do a 'real' cp2k tutorial,
> > perhaps some time next year (early summer?).
> > with the currently increasing popularity (and usability!)
> > of cp2k, this may be a good time...
>
> > as a side effect, one would be 'forced' into collecting
> > useful tutorial material...
>
> I think that it would be a great idea.
> Indeed the tutorial in cp2k/doc/tutorial was created for a real
> tutorial...

that is a bit difficult for 'normal' users to change and since i
believe
that users and not developers should write that kind of documentation
(corrected
by developers, of course), i'm currently in the process of re-writing
and
augmenting that document for the 'wiki' part of the forum here.

i'm encouraging everybody else here to participate and add their own
experiences and (hopefully) helpful comments. this is the best way to
acknowledge the effort of the developers. i'll make a more official
post once all of the existing material (from the cvs and my own
examples)
are available.

cheers,
   axel.