Tutorial on cp2k

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 01:07:40 UTC 2007

ciao luca,

On Aug 31, 8:45 am, Luca <bellu... at unisi.it> wrote:
> I understand ....like the installation :-)
>
> I want to do:
> 1-Perform MM MD for protein in solution like NAMD or ORAC MD package.
> 2-Perform QM MD for molecules.
> 3-Perform QM/MM MD for enzyme. QM for active site.
> and I hope....
> 4-"Metadynamics" for reaction coordinate in enzyme active site.
>
> When i will do this I can write my notes
> and make a pseudo-tutorial for cp2k users.
> I hope in your aid.

in that case, i would suggest, that you start practicing with
one or two of the examples posted for the demo session of
our recent qm/mm workshop in philadelphia. see:
http://www.cmm.upenn.edu/qmmm2007.html

during trying out those we stumbled across a few useful
improvements of the cp2k code already, and since we have
already tried to set them up for different QM/MM code, they
would give a foundation for a future tutorial.

if i find a little more time over the weekend, i could add my
notes on making a biosystem work with cp2k for qm/mm to
the wiki-like part of this group.

there are also a few notes in the cvs on compiling and using
cp2k, that would be a good starting point for a tutorial and/or
user's guide.

cheers,
   axel.