[CP2K:366] force field path integral simulations

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:39:04 UTC 2007

  Ciao Anthony,

All methods (MD/GEO/PIMD/NEB) implemented in cp2k should be
independent on the way you compute energies and forces.
The SHOULD is mandatory since we can't really keep under control the
standard of the implementations between several developers.
Anyway I'm mainly sure that PIMD is not assuming any specific way of
computing energies and forces (Fawzi can comment better about that).
This means you can use DFT or MM forcefields.

The other thing to keep in mind is that PIMD, as far as I know is
still in a sort of "alpha" version (again Fawzi can give you more
details about it).

Regarding the FF for the classical module, you can specify whatever
kind of interactions you like (no restrictions at all!)

teo