[CP2K:335] Geometry Optimization fails without proper messages

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:58:14 UTC 2007

Ciao Rad,

you can get more diagnostic enabling the keyword TRACE in &GLOBAL..
you will get a *lot* of information.. everytime entering and exiting
from a routine.. memory allocated (if enabled for that platform) and
cpu time..

Now few questions:
1) Did you try to run the same job on another platform?
I suspect that the problem could be the architecture/compiler..  If
it's not running on a simple
linux box than could you please send me the input and all necessary
files? there could always be
a bug around.. but if it runs smoothly on a LINUX or CRAY or IBM box
I would more suspect that
it's a miscompilation problem..

----------

Regarding the linear scaling geometry optimizer there's the LBFGS and
the CG..

LBFGS is somehow pathological in the line search algorithm..
CG  is more robust..

You can have an idea of how to use them looking at the regtest..

for LBFGS:
find cp2k/test -name "*.inp" -exec grep -Hi "LBFGS" {} \;

for CG:
find cp2k/test -name "*.inp" -exec grep -Hi "CG" {} \;

Anyway for any doubt just ask..
cheers
teo