[CP2K:241] temperature monitor and thermostat regions

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 15:41:21 UTC 2007

Hi Axel,

the last step (2) of the THEMOSTATS mail :

On 26 Sep 2007, at 14:28, Teodoro Laino wrote:
> Next thing to come in few days:
>
> (2) Possibility to have a user-defined region for thermostats..

is now completed. It is possible to define (in a similar way to
constraints (LIST, RANGE, QM, MM, MOLNAME)) regions of the system on
which apply thermostats. Please have a look at the several new
regtests added to see how this feature
works (mainly in tests/Fist/regtest-11/ and QMMM/SE/regtest).

It was a real nightmare, believe me, especially due to the particle
distribution in parallel to get an efficient
thermostat scheme.
I f you find any strange behavior, please send me a small input file
showing the problem.

At the moment the temperature that can be applied on the several
regions is always the same..

We could discuss about the possibility to have different regions to
different temperatures, but I'm quite
skeptical whether it will really work!

teo

p.s.: I will add soon also the possibility to dump on file the
temperatures of the different thermostats (tomorrow should be in)..