[CP2K:377] Problem running MPI version of NPT

Juerg Hutter hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Fri Nov 2 07:27:37 UTC 2007

Hi

this could be a problem of CP2K or the compiler (or the
MPI installation).
If it is a problem of CP2K the obvious question is why
didn't it show up before. Can you run a small system
with NPT in parallel? If the error persists please send the
input. Another thing to test would be if the error
depends on the number of CPUs.
CP2K generates and frees MPI groups during calculation.
If the free command is not matching it is possible that
the number of groups keeps increasing (similar to a
memory leak). It is possible that your input causes a
new route in the code where this happens.

Another possibility is that either the compiler or
the installed MPI has a not working installation for
the freeing of communicators.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Juerg Hutter                   Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich           E-mail: hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland