[CP2K:104] Re: dangling pointer on FORCE

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Wed May 30 22:36:41 UTC 2007

The problem you're experiencing is very probably popping out because
of a bad instruction dirtying the memory somewhere..
I was able to track a possible problem not connected with the force
pointer (though related with the warnings that ifort was
printing out in your output file).. after this fix (committed now in
CVS) I can run your input file both with NAG and with g95:

   Number of electrons:              1080
   Number of occupied orbitals:       540
   Number of orbital functions:      2808

   Number of independent orbital functions:      2808

   Extrapolation method: initial_guess

SCF WAVEFUNCTION OPTIMIZATION

   Step  Update method              Time         Convergence
Total energy

-----
   ----------------------------------- OT
--------------------------------------
   Allowing for rotations:  F
   minimizer      : DIIS                : direct inversion
                                          in the iterative subspace
                             using      : -   7 diis vectors
                                          - safer DIIS on
   preconditioner : FULL_KINETIC        : cholesky inversion of T + eS
   stepsize       :    0.15000000
   energy_gap     :    0.20000000
   eps_taylor     :   0.10000E-15
   max_taylor     :             4

   ----------------------------------- OT
--------------------------------------
      1  OT DIIS        0.15E+00  906.31        0.0104124696
-2034.0437223707
      2  OT DIIS        0.15E+00  753.14        0.0079131310
-2055.1464826211
      3  OT DIIS        0.15E+00  746.54        0.0063728300
-2076.3119871662
      4  OT DIIS        0.15E+00  779.70        0.0050762793
-2086.0129069723

Can you try to update cp2k and recompile it?
In case it should fail again can you try with the latest intel fortan
compiler?
Let us know

Teo