New OT Algorithms

vweber valer... at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 20:00:12 UTC 2007

Hi Nichols
The speed up is always there, i.e. new OT has less matrix multiplies
than the
standard OT (especially when the WF doesnt change much).
Now the problem is how much time is spent in the other parts of the
code.
For small systems the time spend in OT is usually small compare to
the
other parts, then you wont see much difference.
For large and very large systems OT starts to dominate the
calculations.

I would say that your 4000+ atoms is a good candidate for the new OT.

Valery