[CP2K:116] Re: CP2K compilation errors

Eric Shamay eric.... at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 22:49:01 UTC 2007

Matthias,

The scalapack default 'make' includes all the lib targets, so they were
built with my last compilation. Also, I ran all the test that come with the
build in the TESTING directory and they passed just fine. I believe the
problem is that when linking in the arch-file I'm not including a necessary
library. Right now my arch file has

LIBS     = -lscalapack
$(BLACSLIB)/blacs_MPI-LINUX-0.a$(BLACSLIB)/blacsCinit_MPI-
LINUX-0.a   $(BLACSLIB)/blacsF77init_MPI-LINUX-0.a $(BLACSLIB)/blacs_MPI-
LINUX-0.a -llapack -lcblas -lf77blas - latlas -lblas -lg2c -lguide -lmpi
-lfftw3

I thought that adding -lg2c would clear up the problem, but scalapack is
making reference to things like:

dlaset_
dlacpy_
zlacgv_
zlaset_
zlacpy_
dlamch_
dlapy2_
etc.

I can't seem to find the library that defines those, but including whichever
library it is will probably clear up the problem. So it's either linking to
one more library, or a more fundamental problem with the build of one of the
components (blacs, atlas, scalapack?) that I can't diagnose on my own.

~Eric Shamay