[CP2K:161] Re: merged wannier center and coordinate output file

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:58:17 UTC 2007

just to share my experience:
on our (CSCS) XT3 machine IT people installed a special library
(iobuf, vendor libraries from CRAY)..
this library does what you were describing in your e-mail.. is
intercepting all IO operations and keeps them in memory and only when
the IO buffer is full (~ 100 MB per node) everything is flushed.. in
this way all the problems related to the scalability of the code due
to IO operations are highly dumped..