CP2K on Power5/AIX5.3

Toon Verstraelen Toon.Ver... at UGent.be
Wed Dec 19 09:23:38 UTC 2007

Hi All,

We are trying to compile cp2k on our AIX Power5 cluster. Our current compilation (a few
days old) has a memory leak and we suspect that the problem is caused by the
lapack/blas/blacs/scalapack dependencies. We have compiled these libraries manually,
because apparently the essl (4.2) and pessl (3.2) libraries implement only a subset of the
standard lapack/blas/blacs/scalapack routines.

Before we discuss all our makefiles over the mailing lists, I would like to ask if someone
has reliable instructions on how to compile the dependencies of cp2k for this target?

cheers,

Toon