[CP2K:471] Re: mpich? problems on a linux cluster

carlo antonio pignedoli c.pig... at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 13:05:25 UTC 2007

Dear Axel,

sorry for being  late in my reply but I'm still doing tests

We put the ulimit to unlimited and we activated jumbo frames
the two things seems to have solved the problem but I want to
make more severe tests.

For what about the scaling..
well of course we are not speaking about
an infiniband or even a blue gene or whatever else but.. it's not that bad:
a rough estimation from 10 to 20 nodes (40 to 80 cpus) gives
time reduction of  37% instead of the ideal 50% that  is more than what
I expected for my present needs.

Thank you very much for your help

Carlo