[CP2K:215] Re: no convergence blues with bulk sio2

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 14:50:27 UTC 2007

Guess he's already using the OUTER_SCF..

I think you can gain something or switching to MINIMIZER CG for OT or
using FULL_ALL as preconditioner:

        &OT
           MINIMIZER CG
           PRECONDITIONER FULL_ALL
           ENERGY_GAP 0.001
        &END

ENERGY_GAP : it should be an underestimate of the gap (0.001 doing
normally fine).
(http://cp2k.berlios.de/input/
InputReference~__ROOT__~FORCE_EVAL~DFT~SCF~OT.html#ENERGY_GAP)

In your case, since it should be liquid silicon you may want to
change properly this value..