[CP2K:210] Re: HSE functional

Nichols A. Romero naro... at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 03:02:32 UTC 2007

Many thanks to Manuel and Teodoro.

My last question (hopefully)...

It is always best to keep the consistency between the E_xc used in the DFT
calculation and that used in generating the pseudopotential. There really
isn't a big difference for something like PW91 vs. PBE but HSE vs. PBE would
cause problems. (I think Ge is one example of this, there are problably
others.)

Does the GTH PP generator support HF exchange?

Alternative, is it possible to somehow "convert" a pseudopotential from
either fhi98pp or opium into the CP2K format. (I do understand that there
are some very big differences between GTH and say HSC type pseudopotential).

--
Nichols A. Romero, Ph.D.
High Performance Technologies, Inc.