[CP2K:22] Re: DCACP potentials

Axel Kohlmeyer akoh... at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 20:09:42 UTC 2007

dear teo and juerg,

thanks a lot for your replies. this is _very_ helpful.

so it seems, that with our first choice for a test case (co2 dimers) we got
lucky, since i can actually reproduce, e.g., optimal geometries from CPMD
with CP2K using an otherwise as similar as possible setup.

the sad news is, that even in this favorable case the changes due to
the additional
f-projector are miniscule and deviations from high-quality non-DFT calculations
in the inter-molecule distance are still quite substantial (which is
remarkable,
since the oxygen was supposedly parametrized for CO2, but probably with a
different geometry (can't tell for sure, since i could not get my hands on the
paper yet, only: http://lcbcpc21.epfl.ch/DCACP/download/supp_prb/supp.pdf ).

thanks,
    axel.

Axel Kohlmeyer   akoh... at cmm.chem.upenn.edu   http://www.cmm.upenn.edu