[CP2K:15] DCACP potentials

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 05:14:58 UTC 2007

Ciao Axel,
There's a quite big problem we discovered recently about DCACP
potentials within cp2k..
They have a very long radius for the non-local part of the pseudo
potential..

Now first let me express some doubt about the fitting procedures..
how is it possible that something that should fix a short-range
behavior has a radius of several tens of Angstrom? You may argue that
is the non-local part to have large radius.. but again this
is far from being reasonable to me...

My opinion is that the fit procedure adopted to get the DCACP
potentials had no constraints and maybe a better and more physical
solution
exists for sure in which the radius of the non-local part is not such
a huge number..

Moreover they're mostly unusable within cp2k.. Since we compute
everything analytical (the core hamiltonian matrix) you have an
incredible amount of periodic cells to take into account due to the
large value of the non-local radii..

Sooooooooo.. unless you don't wanna do a PERIODIC NONE calculation
don't be surprised to see cp2k taking ages in computing the core-
hamiltonian matrix.. Obviously there's an elegant alternative but
it's not implemented..
Call for volunteers?

cheers,
Teo